List of device commands????

Posted on
Thu May 09, 2024 7:59 am
Different Computers offline

List of device commands????

I've searched and simply can't find a list of commands for all device types here. Closest I get is
https://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id ... ce_class&s[]=timer&s[]=command

Is the idea that I should do that property dump on any device I want to know about? Looking at that example, I don't see the info I need.

I'm creating a shortcut that I want to start an Indigo Timer device. "indigo.device.timerOn" isn't it. But if there IS a list of commands on this site, where, please?

Sonoma on a Mac Mini M1 running Airfoil Pro, Bond Home, Camect, Roku Network Remote, Hue Lights, DomoPad, Adapters, Home Assistant Agent, HomeKitLinkSiri, EPS Smart Dimmer, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Grafana. UnifiAP

Posted on
Thu May 09, 2024 8:33 am
cuhouse offline

Re: List of device commands????

A right click on the device within the main Indigo window displays device details in the log for a specific device.

Indigo 2022.1.2, Big Sur v11.7.1, Dedicated late 2014 Mac Mini, PowerLinc 2413U.

Posted on
Thu May 09, 2024 10:57 am
DaveL17 offline

You can see a list of commands for the indigo.device class on the documentation. This is the best place to get the most common commands.

You can also get the full list of commands for Indigo object classes (indigo.device, indigo.variable, ...) using Python. This is using the Indigo Scripting Shell:

Code: Select all
>>> print(dir(indigo.device))

['__class__', '__delattr__', '__dict__', '__dir__', '__doc__', '__eq__', '__format__', '__ge__', '__getattribute__', '__getstate__', '__gt__', '__hash__', '__init__', '__init_subclass__', '__le__', '__lt__', '__module__', '__ne__', '__new__', '__reduce__', '__reduce_ex__', '__repr__', '__setattr__', '__sizeof__', '__str__', '__subclasshook__', '__weakref__', 'allOff', 'beep', 'changeDeviceTypeId', 'close', 'create', 'delete', 'displayInRemoteUI', 'duplicate', 'enable', 'getDependencies', 'getGroupList', 'groupWithDevice', 'lock', 'moveToFolder', 'open', 'ping', 'removeDelayedActions', 'resetEnergyAccumTotal', 'statusRequest', 'supported_device_types', 'supports_device', 'toggle', 'turnOff', 'turnOn', 'ungroupDevice', 'unlock', 'x10ChangeModel', 'x10changeAddress']
Don't worry about the things that use double underscores (those are special) -- start with 'allOff'.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu May 09, 2024 12:04 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Dave's pointers (especially the device command documentation link) are great for the built-in device types (on/off, dimmer, thermostat, etc). However, plugins that provide custom devices (which don't fall into one of the built-in device types) won't (for obvious reasons) work with those commands. Developers who build plugins that have custom devices (and provide custom actions for their manipulation) are encouraged to publish the scripting details of their actions so scripters can also control them (like we did in the Timers & Pesters docs). The same principle will apply to the HTTP API in 2024.1 (coming soonish), which will allow you to execute actions provided by plugins (if you know what parameters to pass).

In the interim, you can create action groups to start/stop/whatever your timers, then execute those action groups from the shortcut.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu May 09, 2024 2:26 pm

Maybe I'm blind or dumb, but if there's a timer on/off command at https://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id ... digodevice I can't find it.

The indigo.device.timerOn command listed there is something else having to do with State Image Sel Enumeration, whatever that is.

Timers are a built in device class as far as I know, not part of any plugin.

I'm guessing the scripting shell python needs me to specify the device somewhere, but I don't know the syntax for doing so.

The Action Group idea will work for me though. Thanks!

Sonoma on a Mac Mini M1 running Airfoil Pro, Bond Home, Camect, Roku Network Remote, Hue Lights, DomoPad, Adapters, Home Assistant Agent, HomeKitLinkSiri, EPS Smart Dimmer, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Grafana. UnifiAP

Posted on
Thu May 09, 2024 2:40 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Timers are implemented in the Timers and Pesters plugin.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Thu May 09, 2024 3:50 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Timers (and Pesters) are provided by a plugin (the name is Timers and Pesters and it is in the plugin menu and is installed as part of the standard Indigo install). That's why I went through the rather lengthy plugin discussion and linked to the docs for that plugin...

You can tell that a Timer device isn't on/off since there are no on/off buttons in the Mac client UI when you select one.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu May 09, 2024 7:28 pm

Sure, I get that they don’t turn on off. What about the commands to start stop?

Posted on
Thu May 09, 2024 7:47 pm
DaveL17 offline

I was going to recommend a Python script, but Jay reminded me that the Timers and Pesters plugin has a bunch of built-in Actions.

Create an Action Item to "Start My Timer" (or whatever) and then have the Shortcut fire the Action.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri May 10, 2024 8:33 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Different Computers wrote:
Sure, I get that they don’t turn on off. What about the commands to start stop?

jay (support) wrote:
you can create action groups to start/stop/whatever your timers, then execute those action groups from the shortcut.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 1 of 1