The AVIOSYS IP9258 is a 4 outlet power distribution switch that allows individual outlets to be switched on & off
remotely via a wired Ethernet connection. This plugin extends the Perceptive Automation Indigo Mac
home automation application to support the IP9258 and allow each outlet to be configured and controlled as a separate
device. Models supporting UK, European & US power outlets are available.
I've used these to replace X10 appliance modules where a number of devices need to be
controlled within a small area (e.g. behind the TV) or where the devices being switched
require a higher degree of reliability than can be achieved using X10.
the plugin bundle to the Mac running Indigo & unzip it if necessary
2) Double-click on the IP9258.indigoPlugin file: Indigo will ask if you would like to
3) The plugin's configuration screen will pop up. Just hit Save to carry on.
1) From within the Indigo Devices list, click "New" and create a device representing
the first power outlet.
2) Click on the "Edit Device Settings" button to display the detailed configuration
screen. The details are reasonably self-explanatory:
3) Enter the details relating to your IP9258 configuration & press "Save" once complete.
4) Repeat for as many devices as required.
An outlet device will support the following operations: